About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Monday 4 October 2010

School Magazine Cover Finished


This is my final version of my school magazine cover. It has changed since my original concepts quite drastically, each atttempt I have done I have made it look more like a magazine at each stage and that is why each change seems so diffrent to the last. With this cover I did it all on Adobe Photoshop which means that the clarity of the cover is much better than before.

There were many stages to my magazine cover, I started off by taking a high angled mid shot of a student outside the front of the school. I then took this image to Photoshop and made it black and white. I wanted both the student and the school to be key things on the front cover so then copied the colour from the original image so the image appeared to be layered and these things then stood out from the page more effectively.

I imported my logo onto the cover as this was a key feature for my magazine, and because this in itself is eye catching I put it next to my masthead in the top left corner. I then put a stroke around it in the colour white, with a 7 point thickness, so that is stood out against the background and was legible.

The text on my cover was done in 2 fonts, Cooper Std and Marker Felt. The different parts of the cover were done in different font sizes depending on how important the text was. I wanted the text colours to be blue then red every other word to follow suit with the school colours, but this was hard to read against the red colour of the school door, so to sort this problem out I put strokes of white around the words as well as my logo. I used different size strokes to corispond with size of the text, the smaller the font size the smaller the stroke.

Some things that I have done in my school magazine I can help use for my music magazine, in my music magazine I will also have colour main images upon a black and white background to help focus the audience's attention. I will also consider using stroke around the text on my page so I can easily see the text and lastly will also use a big logo for my music magazine so I can cathc people's attention wuickly and easily.

Another post will appear showing ste by step account of how I created my front cover.


1 comment: