About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Monday 15 November 2010

BBC Teen Awards - Not Worth It


The BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards took place yesterday at the HMV Apollo Theatre in Hammersmith London. Many big faces turned out for the event which is dedicated to teenagers from the ages of 14 to 17. Such 'star' performers included; JLS. Taylor Swift, Professor Green, The Wanted and Katy Perry.

The crowd was full of screaming girls idolising over people they really knew little about. There were about 4000 mad teens in attendance. The awards were overshadowed by the celebs there, many people on stage trying to speak where unable to be heard because of the blood curdling screams from the crowd. It seemed every girl there was a mirror image of the one to her left or right, all in skirts or dresses and taking pictures on either a Blackberry or an iPhone.

I myself was at the award ceremony and from past experience at gigs felt the crowd to be rather unpleasant with girls punching and kicking to try to get a look at the 'fit' boys on stage. The music was drowned out from screaming or tone deaf girls singing along obviously unaware of pitch or a key. The best part for me was when Tinchy Stryder came out on stage to present an award, the music was not of the best quality and the bands were not for me. I ended up leaving during the chorus of Love Story by Taylor Swift. Looking back on it I wasted money going to an awards show where no one cared about the sensitivity of the awards, and was only interested in seeing their idols and screaming their faces off!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie - did you go or have you posted a story from someone else who went?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did actually go :L But me and Sarah left half way through :L

    ReplyDelete