About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Sunday 21 November 2010

Music Magazine, Uprising Final Masterhead design

I chose to use Hard Rock as the font for my Uprising Masthead. I chose this font because it keeps in tone with the magazine's type of music genre audience. The font itself is quite easy to make out when at a large size, which being one of the main features on my cover is definitely going to be large. Some parts of the letters are missing which works well because often in the rock world it is not all glitz and glamour, it is not always 100% which this title is not. This means that relates to the niche market of rock fans it is aimed at, it won't be appealing so much to a classical music fan.
The reason I chose a dark blue stroke behind the masthead is that the cover's main image is set on Old Hunstanton cliffs which are by the coast. With the main article being around a returning artist to the area I felt making it blue would symbolise the sea, because the image of the sea on the cover is in black and white.

I think this is effective and appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment