About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Tuesday 14 September 2010

My Design for Logo for school magazine

For my School magazine I decided to do a magazine about Smithdon because I have been there for 5 years now so it's quite easy to do a piece on it.

For my magazine I had to create a logo and so have gone with 2 main attempts, they incorparate the colours of Smithdon, Red and Royal Blue/ Navy and the initials of both the school and my magazine's name.

I used the software, Sketch on a MacBook to design both initial logo ideas. The first idea was a simple SHS which I used a normal brush feature then thicken
ed out the top bits but left the base curved to give it a writing style effect. There are 2 main colours and the logo is built up of 5 main shapes. For a first attempt I think this was quite good but a tad boring so could be improved to give it more flare.

For the second design I built on my first but made the shapes tighter and sent the H shape to the back as to make the S shapes stand out. I kept the S shapes very much the same but brought the S on the right up a bit the make the title look slanted. The H shape I edited differently, I cut a notch into the top on both sides to add a bit off flare to the image and then dragged the line on the right of the H down leaving it with a dot at the end. This added to the idea of a sketch design or handwriting, something which is often associated with schools.

I think for the school magazine I will keep the second edit as it is because it is eye-catching and integrates the school's colours and letters. I like this as a simple logo for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment