About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Wednesday 8 September 2010

What makes my favourite magazine, just that?


I wouldn't say I have a favourite magazine, I prefer to use other forms other media such as Television, Newspapers and New Media to read up on things, but one magazine I have had constantly has been the Chelsea magazine.


Apart from being a Chelsea fan I find the magazine appealing from just looking at it's front cover. I find that the Mast Head is never covered over by the main picture, which then makes me notice the word Chelsea clearly and easily grabs my attention. There are always 4 main colours for the front cover, silvery grey, gold, white and blue. There is always a small section of white and blue, but they compliment the other colours well and make whatever the main image is, stand out well against the backdrop. Black can often be used on their front cover as it also helps to make the main image stand out. The main image is always a standing still shot of someone important to the club, usually someone who has been interviewed for it.



The Chelsea magazine has a main setup inside with there always being an interview, results, fixtures, a top 10 (such as top 10 foreign footballers) and a fan zone. The articles are never heavy reading but for a true Blues fan they offer an insight into one of their favourite footballers. The other articles help relive great moments within the club's 105 year history, these can be captured with either quirky articles which don't remain long winded or professional photography of the key moments.



The magazine is in no way perfect, it might have a glossy front and be attracting but it can get boring and having a free copy sent to me for the last year sometimes I find myself reading them a month later. I find that interviews with the players might be an insight but I might prefer a different main story once in a while. I am also sure that many people might find the constant bombardment of adverts within the magazine to take up key space, but for the simple fact there isn't too much to include in this monthly 82 page magazine it helps to bulk it out.



I would say from reading this magazine it gives me a key idea of what to do for my own one, I know what attracts me to this magazine and can use that to my advantage. Like many big magazines Chelsea's works well to the audience, even if the articles can be a bit lack luster. In no way would I say this is the best magazine in the world, but for the simple colour scheme and layout it is attractive and not too intense. If I can produce something like this I would be pleased to do so.



Picture Source: http://i35.tinypic.com/2cnca6c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment