About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Monday 13 September 2010

Pop music not so Popular for the dead

Music is an expression of who you are, so why has a catholic church in the Melbourne area in the Australia area banned pop music at someone's funeral? It's not just pop music that's been banned, rock music, sports, politically and others like metal. The Archbishop of Melbourne said a funeral shold be a celebration of someone, well why does that mean they shouldnt get the music that reminds people of the deceased, is this really fair?

The Archbishop of Melbourne has sent out new guidlines to over 200 catholic churches in the Melbourne area. Some of the most popular choices for Melbourne funerals have been banned, things such as; the signature anthem for Australian Rules football team Collingwood, Frank Sinatra's My Way and Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.


The ban was introduced after the study had found out the football tune was Melbourne's top most requested funeral song. A church spokesman said that the ban had mixed reactions. I think that this ban is a little silly, a funeral should be a celebration of your life, and your life has been affected by music so it should be your own should what is played at your funeral. I know for sure that if Shinedown aren't played at my funeral, I'll be coming back to haunt a few people.



Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11256843

Picture Source: http://www.remotepatrolled.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Frank-Sinatra.jpg

1 comment: