About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Fonts Analysis

For my movie poster I used 3 main fonts which I downloaded from Dafont.com and Abstractfonts.com. The fonts I used are:
  1. Reprise Stamp - The Watching
  2. I Still Know - Patience is a Virtue
  3. Steel Tongs - All other text.
'The Reprise Stamp' font I chose because it looks good in all capital letters and catches the attention of the audiences. The text looks slightly supernatural and appears a bit spooky. Adding glow affects also means it looks paranormal.

'I Still Know' again looks good in capital letters, it looks quite an old font so that means it can appear kind of gothic. Due to the mystical themes within my trailer a spooky font is important. It suits the words of my tagline which is important.

'Steel Tongs' is a very important font. Using lower case letters turns the lower case letters into movie credits, such as : is the word, Presents. To have the actual word you type in this font it must be all in captials. The font is very proffesional for a movie poster and helps my poster keep to the normal conventions of a movie poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment