About Me

My photo
Jamie, that's my name. I'm a Norfolk meterosexual who likes women outside his own family.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Read Studios - Ident

My ident is very basic, but by using drop shadows I can make it stand out.

Originally I chose to call my production company 'After Burner' but my Facebook feedback said I should have an orange flame behind the name in order to show an after burner. When I tried this is didn't work well with the rest of the poster as the colours didn't work well with the rest of my palette.

From this I decided that it was ideal to change my studio's name, and felt that READ STUDIOS was ideal as it doesn't imply it is for a specific genre of movie. This means READ STUDIOS could create any type of movie.

I created my ident by creating a rectangle and curving the edges. I split the middle and chose 2 colours that juxtaposed one and other. I used a calm blue and a lilac purple. The blue can denote calm whereas the purple denotes royalty. Using these colours make my ident look established. I coloured the inside with white to make the ident seem more professional, the drop shadows also help to make this seem like it stands off the page and is noticed well. Major companies that use idents always have an ident that can easily be recognised, mine can. I also made this into a pill shape as it can play on the subconscious as being addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment